Eckerd College is now in its second year of the Career Mentor program, following a very successful 2018-2019 pilot year. This program pairs current students and recent graduates with alumni who provided guidance in transition from academia to the world of work.
About the Program
Each month, students and alumni mentors will correspond via email and connect by phone, video call, or in-person. Together, Student Mentees and their Career Mentors will identify action items to accomplish each month.
Career Mentors can support students in:
- Providing positive feedback
- Gaining new career-related experiences, such as internships
- Finding resources
- Polishing career strategies
- Connecting with other professional colleagues
- Discussing LinkedIn profiles and online presence
Each month, Career Mentors will submit a report about their meeting(s) and identify action items for themselves and their Mentee(s).
This program requires an academic year commitment (August-May). Mentors will submit monthly reports summarizing their meetings with students.
June-August: Career Services will invite Career Contacts (alumni and employers) to participate in the program
September: Students will apply for the program
October: Mentors and students will be paired
February: Mid-program evaluation
May: End-of-program evaluation
Year-round: Alumni and employers can create Career Contact profiles on TritonTrack
Career Mentor Applications
Career Mentors must first be Career Contacts in TritonTrack. Career Contacts make themselves available to answer student questions about their field and, if they wish, provide additional professionalism opportunities.
To become a Career Contact:
- Create an “employer” account on TritonTrack.
- Go to the “Networking Profile” tab and select “My Professional Network Profile.”
- Created a Career Contact profile and indicate your interest to be a Career Mentor.
- A representative from Career Services will reach out to you with additional information over the summer (June-August).
Student Mentee Applications
Applications will be accepted at the start of the 2019-2020 school year. Watch this page for details on applications.
Please note that a resume is required to apply. For assistance with your resume, schedule an appointment with a Career Advisor on TritonTrack.