When you hear, it's all about who you know... believe it. There are few things more valuable to a professional than their relationships with other professionals. The positive relationships you build will support you as you try to:
- Discover new positions and advance your career
- Generate new ideas and collaborate with others
- Understand a complex economic and social world
- Solve problems
Where to Start
- Create a free LinkedIn account
- Look at alumni profiles and reach out for an informational interview or to job shadow. Ask them thoughtful career questions.
- Research professional associations in the industries that interest you. Students usually get a deeply discounted rate to join.
- Research local, regional, and national conferences.
- Attend Career Services & Alumni Engagement events throughout the year.
- Learn all of the finer details by using the Networking Guide below.
Request a Counseling Appointment on TritonTrack to have your LinkedIn profile reviewed and to strategize about how to build / leverage your professional network.
Check out our resources below to help get started.