At Eckerd College, we value your contributions as a student employee. The work you do contributes greatly to the various teaching, research, operational and administrative functions of the College. Student employees are an important part of many of our departments on campus and enhance a workplace that is vibrant and diverse.
Student employment is intended to be a learning experience that complements a student's academic and career goals and provides valuable work experience. Below is a list of some benefits of working on campus.
- For students new to Eckerd, working on campus helps develop a sense of community and belonging. Students who feel they are a part of their college tend to do better academically.
- Student earnings are an important source of financial assistance and they benefit by working on campus with flexible scheduling and eliminating the need for transportation to an off-campus job.
- Students with little or no employment history may establish a work record and learn the fundamental skills of employment such as punctuality, communication, cooperation, and time management.
- Students prepare for the corporate world through processes of interviewing, hiring, training, supervision, relating to coworkers and the public, meeting expectations, and achieving goals.
- Students have opportunities to sample several career choices through varied work experiences.
- Students with defined career objectives gain related experience that enhances their educational program.
- Students with otherwise limited exposure and opportunity for networking may also make valuable contacts with professionals in their chosen fields.